|Eggplant + breadcrumbs + Cheese = yummy in our tummy! :)|
Here's a recipe of what we did..
250 g lean ground pork
4 pc (450 g) medium eggplants, each piece sliced lengthwise into 4
1 pc (50 g) egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup (55 g) bread crumbs
1 pouch (250 g) tomato sauce
1 cup (115g) grated cheese, depends on how much you like to put
1 pc medium bell pepper, diced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 small onion, diced
salt and pepper to taste
- Pear or slice eggplants lengthwise, into four strips. Soak them in water for at least 30 minutes before baking.
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F
- Make the sauce. Heat up a sauce pan for sauteeing. Put the flame on low and put in the lean ground pork. Stand by the pan and stir occasionally so the pork won't stick to the bottom ( if you're not using a non stick pan) and to evenly cook the pork. Do this for 15 minutes or until the pork has turned brown or to the color that you will preferably eat ground pork. When this happens, wait for a few minutes more so the pork fat (or what's left of it) will come out. You will use this oil to sautee the ingredients for the sauce.When the oil has come out. Put some salt and pepper. put the onions, garlic and bell pepper in. Sautee them until done. Done is when the onions are transparent.Add the tomato sauce and boil for 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper according to your taste.
- Beat the egg in a container where you can also dip the eggplants. Put some salt and pepper to the egg. Drain the eggplants and dip them into the egg with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the eggplants at the bottom of an 8x8 in pan, if you want 2 layers. (Use a 9 x 13 in pan if you want only one layer. Mine was only one layer.) Sprinkle the bread crumbs on top of the eggplants. Pour the sauce in and finish with spreading the cheese on the sauc
- Bake in the oven for 35 - 40 minutes.